Important Information for Annapolis Royal Winter Farmers Market Customers
Update – May 27, 2020
As is the custom on Victoria Day weekend, the “Summer Food Hub” began operation at the downtown Market Square on Saturday May 16 under the Annapolis Royal Farmers & Traders Association. They have around 20 vendors, including many of the ones who have been at the Gardens “Winter Food Hub”. The Gardens Food Hub is now home to 2 vendors, and while our pickup area will be smaller than in was, our pickup system will remain unchanged (see below).
In accordance with Provincial restrictions and guidelines, the Gardens Food Hub will continue with a Pre-order and Pickup System. The pickup area at the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens will be managed to follow social distancing protocols. To accomplish this AND keep things flowing smoothly, the following are the rules we will be operating under. (As provincial regulations change, so will our system – please check this website often for the most up-to-date information.)
- All purchases MUST be made by PRE-ORDERING one-on-one with your favourite vendors. Participating vendors are listed here with their contact information: https://annapolisroyalwinterfarmersmarket.wordpress.com/vendor-list-for-ordering/
- We suggest you place orders by Thursday at 5pm to give these vendors all day Friday to prepare the many orders they have.
- Where possible, customers are asked to pre-pay their vendors using e-transfers to speed things up, and if not, to please try to bring exact change in an envelope for each vendor. This will help move things along as well as requiring less handling of money/change. Ask your vendor what their preference is.
- Pickups are on Saturday mornings in the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens parking lot.
- All incoming customers MUST report to the front staff person before proceeding. We will direct you from there.
- Keep a distance of 6’ between you and anyone around you and do NOT gather in groups.
- Please do not take time to chat and socialize with vendors, or with each other. It is important that everyone do their pickups as quickly as possible and then make way for the next customer.
- Again, this market system is now for Pre-orders ONLY. You will be asked at the front entrance to let us know from which vendors you have ordered.
- As well, you may be asked about your health, or travel history. As always, we require that you do NOT attend this market if any of the following apply:
- If you have travelled outside Nova Scotia in the last 14 days.
- If you have been exposed to the virus at any point in the past 14 days.
- If you have a fever, cough, sneezing or are feeling unwell.
- Please send one person per household to pick up orders.
Again, rules and restrictions are changing frequently and so must ours. Please refer to our website for the most current information. https://annapolisroyalwinterfarmersmarket.wordpress.com/
Stay Safe… Stay Well!
We all look forward to the time we can gather around the Courtyard bonfire and socialize!